About Padma Kanya Multiple Campus
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus established in 1951 has been envisioned as the Center for Excellence in education and research by imparting quality education, inculcating professional skills and capabilities, and contributing significantly to the field of education, research and development. All academic programs of Padma Kanya Multiple campus have been positioned as ‘prestigious products for prestigious people’ respecting the noble feelings of our graduates, employers, sponsors, internal human resources and other valued stakeholders.
Padma Kamya Campus is government owned campus of Tribhuvan University. But the campus has been entered into decentralization program of parent organization. So it must sustain economically for new program of the campus.
The campus has been running as per the decision made by campus management committee. Today the campus is proud of its fleet of over 400 teachers, 85 administrative staff and more than 4000 students. It has demonstrated its quality, dedication and commitment in Humanities, Management and Science & Technology. The campus has offered post graduate programs in Management, Economics, Home Science, Rural Development, Sociology & Anthropology, population, English and Nepali. It is going to expand its new master degree and Bachelor degree programs in near future. In this process the campus has run Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from this academic year 2070/071 BS. “Women Empowerment through Quality Education” is the motto of the BBA program as well as the campus.
About BBA Program
The BBA program at Padma Kanya Multiple Campus tries its best to do just that! Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) at Padma Kanya Multiple Campus is a four-year, eight-semester program in Management studies. The total course weightage is 120 credit hours including two comprehensive project works. The program provides students with opportunities to develop their academic exposure in a number of specialization areas that include Financial Management, Marketing Management, and Human Resources Management.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus offers the latest approach to business leadership, entrepreneurship and management education. At the same time, it aims at producing middle level managers who can handle government and private organizations efficiently through its professional programs. The program forms an excellent foundation on which students can build their business careers, equip themselves with the knowledge and skills to meet the diverse challenges faced in a highly competitive business environment both locally and internationally.
Business plays a vital role in the development of a country. Fast growing media and communications have made the world a smaller place. Commerce and industry have been growing in leaps and bounds through e-commerce and e- business. A new liberal, open and competitive economy is the need of the era. To meet these challenges, skilled human resources with global vision are needed. The BBA program at Padma Kanya Multiple Campus aims to provide an in-depth overview of the latest developments in both the theory and practice of business and management. Hence, it has been designed to develop innovative management and entrepreneurial skills as well as the adaptability of the mind. This will enable the learners to become empowered to undertake responsible managerial positions (in the private and public sectors), or self-employment ventures and at the same time making them socially responsible.
Vision, Mission & Objectives
• Padma Kanya Multiple Campus envisions itself to be one of the leading institutions and a competent provider of education and research endeavors in the region in the field of business and management.
• To strive towards academic excellence.
• To provide linkages and collaborations between industries and business schools, and
• To produce graduates knowledgeable in business and management who have a sense of responsibility, are far-sighted, able to think critically and creatively in challenging environments.
The BBA program aims at developing a student’s intellectual ability, executive personality and managerial skills through an appropriate blending of business and general education with the following objectives:
• To produce upto date , assertive and effective executives for business and other organizations.
• To develop students’ skill in object oriented business management capable of understanding and solving practical business problems creatively.
• To provide professional management education with a blend of computer and management information system courses.
• To prepare students to proceed into post graduate level study in business administration.
Outcomes of BBA Program
Upon graduation from the BBA program at Padma Kanya Multiple Campus, the students will be able to:
• Exhibit technical proficiency in domestic as well as global business through the study of major disciplines within the fields of business and management.
• Analyse and develop solutions for business problems and issues by using logical reasoning patterns for evaluating information, materials and data.
• Conceptualize a complex business issue and articulate into a written statement and oral presentation.
• Exhibit competence in the use of technology and information systems in modern organizational operations.
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills for creating and managing innovation, new business development and high-growth potential entity.
Careers with BBA Program
BBA program at Padma Kanya Multiple Campus prepares students for executive career in business and other organisations since it gives its graduates
an edge in the job market by opening more doors of opportunities. It trains the students for life. It develops your ability to think critically, to analyze, to make recommendations, and to communicate effectively. Besides knowledge, it creates an environment to explore and enhance your ability and skills, and builds confidence to create good citizenry. The degree helps the graduate to meet the requirements for high earnings, increased responsibility, and greater personal development while it also helps them to pursue further academic studies.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus facilitates students in:
- Applying analytical and critical thinking skills to business issues.
- Inculcating the value system for responding to ethical issues in business.
- Effectively communicating in the business world.
- Developing the knowledge and competencies necessary to work effectively in teams
- Articulating their competency as business professionals.
- Learning and assessing global business environment.
- Developing entrepreneurial skills for creating and managing innovation, new business development and high-growth potential entity.
Class and Methods of Teaching
• The class will be small enough to ensure interaction among students and teachers and personal attention to every student.
• A fine combination of lecture and interaction methods will be applied to ensure sound theoretical understanding and use of the theories by students to examine existing managerial realities.
• Seminars are organized in which students are required to present paper and discuss issues
to enhance students’ ability and confidence of self-learning.
• Some classes are taken by visiting professors.
• The text, reference and other materials are suggested and provided by the concerned teacher and the campus.
• Student-centric pedagogy will include class lecturers, group discussion, case studies, practical exercise, laboratory work, project work, term papers and internship.
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate applying for BBA program must have:
i) Successfully completed twelve year schooling or its equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
ii) Secured at least second division in the 10+2, PCL or equivalent program
iii) Complied with all the application procedures
The students must have secured 40 percent at CMAT for admission in BBA. The students must give an interview for final admission at the campus. When the management is satisfied from the interview the student will be admitted in BBA program.
The fee structure for BBA program is relatively moderate which revolves around Rs 260000 excluding to exam fee & extra-curricular activities
The BBA program comprises the following four course components:
i. Management and allied course 72 credit hours
ii. Computer related courses 18 credit hours
iii. Specialization Area Courses 24 credit hours
iv. Internship 6credit hours
Total 120 credit hours
In the 7th semester, the students will be allowed to choose from five areas of specialization.
The Steering Committee of BBA program has fixed certain uniform for this program. The students of this program may wear shirt and pant for first four days of the week and they may wear casual dress at T-shirt remaining two days of the week. The interested students may wear sari on special occasion of the campus.
The campus has occupied more than 37 ropanies land at mid of the city in Kathmandu. It has own compound with separate academic and administrative departments, canteen and hostel building. It has provided different tournaments facilities to keep them healthy and sound mentally and physically to the students under the guidance of the coach. The campus has well finished class rooms, computer lab, E-library, library etc. The students, who are coming from outside the valley, they may have a facility of Hostel at moderate fee structure.
Students of BBA and Free Student Union
BBA program is professional course based on semester examination system. The students of BBA program have right to vote in election of free student union only. The student union and other students’ organisations are far from their interest on this program. They are committed to regular classes even in case of unexpected political circumstances.
Board Members of BBA Steering Committee Cell No.
Chairman : Ramesh Shrestha (Campus Chief) PhD Scholar 9851146425
Director : Renuka Joshi (PhD) 9851009797
Deputy Director : Surya Prasad Poudel (M Phil Scholar) 9851142035
Member : Jayant Nath Khanal (PhD) 9841326400
Member : Sherjung Khadka (PhD Scholar) 9851144562